Study in Turkey for Pakistani Students 2023
Turkey, a vibrant and culturally diverse nation bridging the gap between Europe and Asia, has emerged as an increasingly popular destination for international students. Among the countries showing a keen interest in Turkish education is Pakistan, as more and more Pakistani students are flocking to Turkish universities to pursue their academic dreams. With a rich historical heritage, world-class universities, affordable tuition fees, and a welcoming environment, Turkey offers a multitude of opportunities for Pakistani students seeking a transformative educational experience.
Why Pakistani Students peruse thier Higeher Education in Turkey
Pakistani students are increasingly choosing Turkey as their destination for higher education due to several compelling reasons. Here are some key factors that attract Pakistani students to pursue their educational aspirations in Turkey:
- Quality Education: Turkish universities are renowned for their academic excellence and high-quality education. They offer a wide range of programs in various disciplines, ensuring that students have ample opportunities to pursue their desired fields of study.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: Compared to many Western countries, the cost of education in Turkey is relatively affordable. Pakistani students can benefit from reasonable tuition fees, making it an economically viable option for those seeking quality education without breaking the bank.
- Scholarship Opportunities: Turkey offers numerous scholarships and financial aid programs specifically tailored for international students, including those from Pakistan. These scholarships provide financial support, covering tuition fees, accommodation, and even monthly stipends, making studying in Turkey more accessible and affordable for Pakistani students.
- Cultural Diversity and Vibrancy: Turkey is a melting pot of diverse cultures, traditions, and languages. Pakistani students can experience a vibrant multicultural environment, interact with students from various backgrounds, and develop a global perspective. This exposure enhances their cultural competence and fosters an enriching and inclusive learning environment.
- Strategic Location: Turkey’s unique geographical location serves as a gateway between Europe and Asia. Pakistani students studying in Turkey have the advantage of easy access to both continents, enabling them to explore neighboring countries and immerse themselves in different cultures during their academic journey.
- Language Opportunities: Turkish universities offer programs taught in English, making it convenient for Pakistani students who may not be fluent in Turkish. However, learning the Turkish language also presents an opportunity for personal and professional growth, as it opens doors to various career prospects and facilitates better integration into the local society.
- Global Career Prospects: Turkey’s rapidly growing economy, strategic geographic location, and strong ties with neighboring countries provide Pakistani students with promising career opportunities. Graduates from Turkish universities are highly sought after in both national and international job markets, offering a competitive edge in their professional endeavors.
Fee Structure in Turkey for Pakistani Students
Average Tuition Fees (per year)
$2,000 – $4,000
$6,000 – $10,000
$2,500 – $5,000
$2,000 – $4,000
$1,500 – $3,500
$1,500 – $3,000
Art and Design
$1,500 – $3,000
Top 10 universities in Turkey for Pakistani Students
- Bilkent University: Known for its strong emphasis on research and innovation, Bilkent University offers a wide range of programs in engineering, natural sciences, humanities, and social sciences, providing Pakistani students with a comprehensive and dynamic educational experience.
- Istanbul Technical University: Renowned for its engineering and architecture programs, Istanbul Technical University is a prestigious institution that equips Pakistani students with practical skills and theoretical knowledge, preparing them for successful careers in their chosen fields.
- Middle East Technical University (METU): With a strong reputation for excellence in engineering, natural sciences, and social sciences, METU offers Pakistani students a stimulating academic environment, state-of-the-art facilities, and a supportive community that fosters personal and professional growth.
- Boğaziçi University: Situated in Istanbul, Boğaziçi University is renowned for its liberal arts education and rigorous academic programs in various disciplines. Pakistani students can benefit from a multicultural environment and a wide range of opportunities for intellectual and personal development.
- Koç University: Known for its world-class faculty and cutting-edge research facilities, Koç University offers a diverse range of programs in engineering, sciences, social sciences, humanities, and business administration, providing Pakistani students with a holistic and interdisciplinary education.
- Sabancı University: Recognized for its innovative approach to education, Sabancı University offers a range of programs across various fields, including engineering, arts and social sciences, and business. Pakistani students can benefit from a dynamic learning environment and opportunities for research and entrepreneurship.
- Ankara University: As one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Turkey, Ankara University offers a wide array of programs in fields such as medicine, sciences, humanities, and social sciences, providing Pakistani students with a rich academic heritage and a strong foundation for their future careers.
- Hacettepe University: With its focus on medical sciences and health-related disciplines, Hacettepe University offers Pakistani students an excellent platform for studying medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, and other health-related fields, equipped with modern facilities and renowned faculty.
- Istanbul University: Established in 1453, Istanbul University is one of the oldest universities in Turkey and offers a wide range of programs in various fields, including sciences, humanities, social sciences, law, and medicine, providing Pakistani students with a prestigious academic environment and a rich historical heritage.
- Ege University: Located in Izmir, Ege University is known for its strong agricultural, engineering, and medical programs. Pakistani students can benefit from practical training, research opportunities, and a vibrant campus life, making it an attractive choice for those seeking a comprehensive education in these fields.
Required Documents to Study in Turkey for Pakistani Students
When applying to study in Turkey as a Pakistani student, you will typically need the following documents:
- Passport: A valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond the intended duration of your stay in Turkey.
- Student Visa: You will need to apply for a student visa (also known as a study permit) at the Turkish embassy or consulate in Pakistan. This requires submitting the necessary application form, a letter of acceptance from a Turkish university, proof of financial means to support yourself during your studies, and other supporting documents.
- Acceptance Letter: A letter of acceptance from a Turkish university confirming your admission to a specific program of study. You should apply to your chosen university and program before obtaining this letter.
- Educational Documents: These include your academic transcripts, certificates, and diplomas from previous educational institutions. These documents should be authenticated or notarized, translated into English or Turkish (if necessary), and certified by the relevant authorities.
- Language Proficiency: Depending on the language of instruction in your chosen program, you may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. This can be demonstrated through standardized language tests such as the TOEFL or IELTS for English-taught programs, or the TÖMER exam for Turkish-taught programs.
- Financial Documents: You may need to provide proof of financial means to cover your tuition fees and living expenses while studying in Turkey. This can include bank statements, scholarship letters, or affidavits of financial support.
- Health Insurance: It is advisable to have health insurance coverage for the duration of your studies in Turkey. Some universities may require proof of health insurance as part of the application process.
- Passport-sized Photographs: You will need to provide several recent passport-sized photographs as per the specifications set by the Turkish embassy or consulate.
Turkey Study Visa Process from Pakistan
The process of obtaining a study visa for Turkey from Pakistan generally involves the following steps:
- Acceptance from a Turkish University: Apply to the Turkish university of your choice and secure an acceptance letter from the institution for your desired program of study. Ensure that the university is recognized and accredited by relevant Turkish authorities.
- Gather Required Documents: Collect all the necessary documents for your visa application, including your passport, acceptance letter, educational documents, language proficiency test results, financial proof, health insurance, and passport-sized photographs. Make sure to have both original and photocopies of these documents.
- Online Application: Visit the official website of the Turkish Consulate or Embassy in Pakistan and complete the online visa application form. Provide accurate and up-to-date information as required, ensuring that you select the appropriate visa category (student visa).
- Pay the Visa Fee: Pay the applicable visa fee through the designated payment method specified on the embassy/consulate website. Keep the payment receipt as it may be required during the visa application process.
- Book an Appointment: Schedule an appointment with the Turkish Consulate or Embassy in Pakistan to submit your visa application. Some consulates/embassies may require online appointment booking, while others may have walk-in options.
- Submit the Application: On the appointed day, visit the consulate/embassy and submit your completed visa application form along with the required documents. The embassy/consulate officials will review your application and supporting documents.
- Biometric Data Collection: In some cases, you may be required to provide your biometric data (fingerprints and photograph) at the consulate/embassy during the visa application submission process.
- Visa Processing: The consulate/embassy will process your visa application. The processing time can vary, so it is advisable to submit your application well in advance of your intended travel date.
- Visa Collection: Once your visa application is processed and approved, you will be notified to collect your passport with the visa affixed. You may need to provide your payment receipt and/or identification documents for verification during the collection process.
Living cost in Turkey for Pakistani Students
The cost of living in Turkey for Pakistani students can vary depending on factors such as the city of residence, lifestyle choices, and individual preferences. Here is a general overview of the living expenses in Turkey for Pakistani students:
- Accommodation: The cost of accommodation will largely depend on the city and the type of accommodation chosen. Rent for a shared apartment or dormitory can range from $150 to $400 per month, while renting a private apartment may cost around $300 to $800 per month.
- Food: The cost of groceries and meals in Turkey is relatively affordable. Monthly food expenses can vary between $100 to $200, depending on whether you cook at home or dine out frequently.
- Transportation: Public transportation in Turkey is reasonably priced, with buses, trams, and metros offering convenient travel options within cities. Monthly transportation costs can range from $30 to $60, depending on the frequency and distance of travel.
- Utilities: The cost of utilities such as electricity, water, heating, and internet can range from $50 to $100 per month, depending on usage and the size of the accommodation.
- Health Insurance: It is essential to have health insurance coverage during your stay in Turkey. The cost of health insurance for students can vary, but it is typically around $100 to $200 per year, depending on the coverage and insurance provider.
- Books and Study Materials: The cost of books and study materials will vary depending on your program of study. It is advisable to budget around $200 to $300 per year for these expenses.
- Miscellaneous Expenses: Miscellaneous expenses such as entertainment, social activities, and personal items can vary greatly depending on individual preferences. It is recommended to allocate around $100 to $200 per month for these expenses.
Advantages of Studying in Turkey For Pakistani Students
studying in Turkey offers several advantages for Pakistani students, making it an attractive destination for higher education. Here are some key advantages:
- Quality Education: Turkish universities are known for their high academic standards and quality education. They offer a wide range of programs taught in English, providing Pakistani students with access to diverse disciplines and opportunities to gain knowledge and skills from renowned faculty members.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: Compared to many other study destinations, Turkey offers affordable tuition fees for international students, including Pakistani students. This allows students to pursue their academic aspirations without incurring excessive financial burdens, making education in Turkey accessible and cost-effective.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid: Turkish universities and the Turkish government provide numerous scholarships and financial aid options specifically designed for international students, including those from Pakistan. These scholarships can significantly reduce the financial burden and open doors to higher education opportunities in prestigious Turkish institutions.
- Cultural Diversity and Global Exposure: Studying in Turkey provides Pakistani students with a multicultural environment, exposing them to diverse perspectives and cultures. This experience enhances their global awareness, cross-cultural communication skills, and prepares them for a connected and interdependent world.
- Strategic Geographical Location: Turkey’s geographical location acts as a bridge between Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Pakistani students studying in Turkey have the advantage of being in close proximity to various countries, allowing them to explore different cultures, travel, and gain valuable international exposure.
- Historical and Cultural Heritage: Turkey’s rich historical and cultural heritage provides Pakistani students with a unique and immersive learning experience. From ancient archaeological sites to vibrant modern cities, students can delve into Turkey’s rich history, art, and cultural traditions, enriching their educational journey.
- Career Opportunities: Turkey has a growing economy and is home to various industries, offering Pakistani students potential career opportunities. Graduates from Turkish universities are well-regarded and sought after by employers in Turkey and beyond. Studying in Turkey can provide a competitive edge in the global job market.
- Student-Friendly Environment: Turkish universities strive to create a welcoming and supportive environment for international students. International student offices, language support, student associations, and extracurricular activities contribute to a fulfilling student life experience, helping Pakistani students integrate and thrive in their academic and social lives.
Disadvantages of Studying in Turkey for Pakistani Students
- Language Barrier: Although many universities in Turkey offer programs taught in English, the general population primarily speaks Turkish. Pakistani students who are not proficient in Turkish may face challenges in daily life interactions and navigating certain administrative processes outside of the university setting.
- Cultural Adjustment: Adjusting to a new culture, traditions, and social norms can be a significant challenge for Pakistani students studying in Turkey. Adapting to a different lifestyle, dietary habits, and social customs may require time and effort, leading to feelings of homesickness or cultural isolation.
- While many Turkish universities offer programs in English, it can still be beneficial to learn basic Turkish for day-to-day interactions outside the university campus.
- The language proficiency requirements vary depending on the university and the program. Some universities may require English language proficiency test scores like IELTS or TOEFL, while others may require Turkish language proficiency.
- Yes, Turkish universities and the Turkish government offer scholarships specifically for international students, including those from Pakistan. These scholarships can cover tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses, providing financial support for Pakistani students.
- International students in Turkey are allowed to work part-time with certain restrictions. However, it is advisable to check the specific regulations and obtain the necessary permits from the Turkish authorities.
- Turkey provides post-graduation employment opportunities for international students. Graduates have the option to seek employment in Turkey or explore other career prospects globally with their Turkish degree.