Study in Turkey for Pakistani Students 2023
Are you a Pakistani student aspiring to study medicine abroad? Turkey, a country renowned for its rich cultural heritage and modern advancements, has emerged as an increasingly popular destination for international medical students, including those from Pakistan. In this blog post, we will explore the opportunities and benefits of pursuing an MBBS degree in Turkey for Pakistani students in 2023.
Turkey’s esteemed universities offer high-quality medical education, equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and a diverse academic environment. Pakistani students can find a range of English-taught MBBS programs that adhere to international standards, allowing them to receive world-class medical training while experiencing Turkish culture and lifestyle.
Why Pakistani Students Peruse their Medical Career in Turkey ?
Pakistani students have increasingly been drawn to pursuing their medical career in Turkey for several compelling reasons. Here are some key factors that make Turkey an appealing destination for Pakistani students:
- High-Quality Education: Turkish universities are known for their excellent standards of education. Many medical universities in Turkey offer comprehensive and modern medical programs that are recognized globally. Pakistani students can benefit from studying in an environment that emphasizes academic rigor, practical training, and research opportunities.
- English-Taught Programs: Turkey offers a wide range of English-taught MBBS programs specifically designed for international students. This allows Pakistani students to pursue their medical studies without any language barriers, ensuring a smooth learning experience and easy integration into the Turkish education system.
- Affordability: Compared to other popular study destinations, the cost of education in Turkey is relatively affordable. Tuition fees and living expenses in Turkey are often lower compared to countries like the United States or the United Kingdom, making it a more accessible option for Pakistani students who may have financial constraints.
- Cultural Diversity and Heritage: Turkey boasts a rich cultural heritage that blends both Eastern and Western influences. Pakistani students can immerse themselves in a diverse and welcoming society, experiencing a unique fusion of traditions, cuisines, and historical landmarks. This cultural exchange enhances their personal growth and broadens their perspectives.
- Gateway to Europe: Situated at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, Turkey serves as a gateway for Pakistani students to explore other European countries. With its convenient geographical location, students can easily travel and experience the vibrant cultures and educational opportunities available throughout Europe.
- Career Opportunities: Turkey’s growing healthcare sector provides ample opportunities for Pakistani medical graduates. With a rising demand for healthcare professionals, graduates can find fulfilling career prospects in Turkey or choose to return to Pakistan with a globally recognized medical degree, opening doors to various job opportunities.
Fees for MBBS in Turkey for Pakistani Students
Average Tuition Fees (in USD)
$8,000 – $12,000
$6,000 – $10,000
$8,000 – $12,000
Istanbul Medipol University
$10,000 – $15,000
$5,000 – $9,000
Istanbul Aydin University
$7,000 – $11,000
$7,000 – $11,000
$6,000 – $10,000
$8,000 – $12,000
$12,000 – $18,000
Top 10 Medical Universities in Turkey for Pakistani Students
- Istanbul University: Istanbul University’s Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine is one of the oldest and most esteemed medical faculties in Turkey. It offers a comprehensive medical education program with a strong focus on research, clinical training, and patient care, providing Pakistani students with a solid foundation for their medical careers.
- Hacettepe University: Hacettepe University’s Faculty of Medicine is renowned for its excellence in medical education and research. It offers a wide range of medical programs and provides state-of-the-art facilities for practical training and clinical rotations. Pakistani students can benefit from Hacettepe’s rich academic environment and its commitment to producing competent healthcare professionals.
- Ankara University: Ankara University’s Faculty of Medicine is a prestigious institution that offers comprehensive medical programs and research opportunities. The faculty has a strong emphasis on clinical training and provides access to advanced medical technologies. Pakistani students can gain valuable knowledge and skills while studying at this renowned institution.
- Ege University: Ege University’s Faculty of Medicine is known for its high-quality medical education and research activities. The faculty offers a diverse range of medical programs and has well-equipped hospitals for clinical training. Pakistani students can benefit from the university’s strong academic reputation and the opportunity to gain practical experience in a supportive environment.
- Istanbul Medipol University: Istanbul Medipol University’s Faculty of Medicine is a private institution that provides modern medical education with a focus on interdisciplinary approaches. The faculty has collaborations with leading healthcare institutions and offers diverse clinical exposure for students. Pakistani students can experience a comprehensive medical curriculum in a dynamic learning environment.
- Gazi University: Gazi University’s Faculty of Medicine is dedicated to producing competent and compassionate healthcare professionals. The faculty offers a wide range of medical programs and provides ample research opportunities. Pakistani students can benefit from Gazi University’s emphasis on practical training and its commitment to addressing healthcare challenges.
- Cukurova University: Cukurova University’s Faculty of Medicine is known for its comprehensive medical education programs and research activities. The faculty offers a supportive learning environment and has strong collaborations with hospitals and healthcare centers. Pakistani students can receive a well-rounded medical education at this esteemed institution.
- Dokuz Eylul University: Dokuz Eylul University’s Faculty of Medicine is committed to excellence in medical education, research, and patient care. The faculty offers a wide range of medical programs and provides opportunities for clinical practice in affiliated hospitals. Pakistani students can benefit from the faculty’s modern facilities and experienced faculty members.
- Uludağ University: Uludağ University’s Faculty of Medicine offers a comprehensive medical curriculum with a focus on evidence-based medicine. The faculty provides a supportive learning environment and opportunities for research and clinical rotations. Pakistani students can gain a solid foundation in medical sciences while studying at this reputable institution.
- Ondokuz Mayıs University: Ondokuz Mayıs University’s Faculty of Medicine is known for its quality medical education and research activities. The faculty offers a range of medical programs and emphasizes practical training through clinical rotations. Pakistani students can receive a well-rounded medical education and gain valuable clinical experience at this university.
Turkey Study Visa Process from Pakistan
Living Cost in Turkey for Pakistani Students
- Accommodation: The cost of accommodation in Turkey will depend on factors such as the city, type of housing, and whether you choose to live on-campus or off-campus. On average, shared student apartments or dormitories can range from $150 to $400 per month. Renting a private apartment may cost more, typically ranging from $300 to $800 per month, depending on the location and size of the apartment.
- Food: The cost of food in Turkey is relatively affordable. Students can opt for self-cooking to save costs or eat at university cafeterias, where meals are usually reasonably priced. On average, monthly food expenses can range from $150 to $250, depending on individual eating habits and preferences.
- Transportation: Public transportation in Turkey, such as buses and metros, is generally affordable and well-connected. Monthly transportation expenses may range from $30 to $50, depending on the city and frequency of travel. Many cities also offer discounted student transportation cards.
- Utilities: Utilities, including electricity, water, heating, and internet, are additional expenses to consider. The cost may vary based on the size of the accommodation and individual usage. On average, monthly utility bills can range from $50 to $100.
- Health Insurance: It is mandatory for international students in Turkey to have health insurance. The cost of health insurance can vary depending on the coverage and provider. On average, health insurance for students can range from $100 to $300 per year.
- Personal Expenses: Personal expenses, such as books, stationery, clothing, and entertainment, will vary based on personal choices and lifestyle. It is advisable to budget an additional amount of around $100 to $200 per month for personal expenses.
Required Documents to Study MBBS in Turkey from Pakistan
- Completed Application Form: Fill out the application form provided by the Turkish university or the centralized application system (if applicable).
- Academic Transcripts: Provide your academic transcripts from your previous educational institutions, including high school and any post-secondary education. These should be officially translated into English or Turkish if they are in another language.
- High School Diploma: Submit a copy of your high school diploma or an equivalent qualification. The diploma should be translated into English or Turkish, if necessary.
- Passport: Have a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond the intended duration of your studies.
- Language Proficiency Test: Depending on the university’s requirements, you may need to submit language proficiency test scores, such as IELTS or TOEFL. Some universities may also offer English language proficiency exams.
- Letter of Intent or Statement of Purpose: Write a letter explaining your motivation to study MBBS in Turkey, including your career goals and why you have chosen the specific university and program.
- Recommendation Letters: Submit recommendation letters from teachers or professors who can attest to your academic abilities and potential for success in the medical field.
- Medical Certificate: Obtain a medical certificate indicating that you are in good health and fit to pursue your studies.
- Proof of Financial Means: Provide evidence of your financial ability to cover the tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of your studies in Turkey. This can include bank statements, scholarship letters, or sponsorship letters.
- Passport-sized Photographs: Prepare several recent passport-sized photographs as per the university’s specifications.
- Visa and Residence Permit Documents: Once accepted into a Turkish university, you will need to follow the visa and residence permit application procedures. Check the official Turkish embassy or consulate website in Pakistan for the specific requirements and documents needed for visa and residence permit applications.
Advantages of studying in Turkey for Pakistani Medical Students
- High-Quality Education: Turkish universities are known for their high academic standards and quality education in the medical field. Many Turkish medical universities are internationally recognized and offer comprehensive medical programs that adhere to international standards. Pakistani students can benefit from a rigorous curriculum, experienced faculty, and access to advanced medical facilities.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: Compared to many other countries, the cost of studying medicine in Turkey is relatively affordable. Tuition fees at Turkish universities, including medical programs, are often more accessible compared to Western countries. This makes Turkey an attractive option for Pakistani students seeking quality medical education at a more affordable cost.
- Cultural Diversity and International Environment: Turkey is a culturally rich country that bridges Europe and Asia, offering a unique blend of traditions, history, and modernity. Studying in Turkey provides Pakistani students with the opportunity to immerse themselves in a diverse and multicultural environment. Interacting with students from different backgrounds fosters cultural understanding and global perspectives.
- English-Taught Programs: Many Turkish universities offer medical programs in English, making it easier for Pakistani students to pursue their studies without language barriers. English-medium instruction allows students to fully grasp the medical concepts and communicate effectively during their academic journey.
- Research Opportunities: Turkish universities emphasize research and innovation, providing ample opportunities for Pakistani medical students to engage in scientific research projects. These research opportunities allow students to enhance their critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills, preparing them for future careers in medicine and academia.
- Clinical Exposure and Practical Training: Turkish medical universities offer extensive clinical exposure and practical training. Students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through clinical rotations in affiliated hospitals and healthcare centers. This practical training helps Pakistani medical students develop essential clinical skills and apply theoretical knowledge to real-life medical scenarios.
- International Recognition: Turkish medical degrees are recognized globally, which means that Pakistani students who graduate from Turkish medical universities can pursue medical careers or further education in other countries if they choose to do so. The international recognition of Turkish medical degrees adds value and opens doors for future opportunities for Pakistani medical graduates.
- Vibrant Student Life and Cultural Experiences: Turkish universities provide a vibrant student life with various extracurricular activities, clubs, and events. Pakistani students can engage in social, cultural, and recreational activities, creating lasting friendships and memorable experiences. Exploring Turkey’s rich cultural heritage and diverse landscapes further enriches the student experience.
Disadvantages of Studying in Turkey for Pakistani Students
- Language Barrier: Although many universities in Turkey offer programs taught in English, the general population primarily speaks Turkish. Pakistani students who are not proficient in Turkish may face challenges in daily life interactions and navigating certain administrative processes outside of the university setting.
- Cultural Adjustment: Adjusting to a new culture, traditions, and social norms can be a significant challenge for Pakistani students studying in Turkey. Adapting to a different lifestyle, dietary habits, and social customs may require time and effort, leading to feelings of homesickness or cultural isolation.
- Yes, the MBBS degree obtained from Turkish universities is recognized and accepted in Pakistan. Graduates can apply for the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) equivalence certificate, which allows them to practice medicine in Pakistan.
- Many Turkish universities offer medical programs in English, specifically designed for international students. This allows Pakistani students to study medicine in Turkey without the requirement of knowing the Turkish language. However, it is still beneficial to learn basic Turkish for daily life interactions.
- Yes, there are scholarship opportunities available for international students, including Pakistani students, to study MBBS in Turkey. The scholarships are offered by various Turkish government institutions, universities, and external funding organizations. Pakistani students can explore these opportunities and apply for scholarships based on their eligibility and academic achievements.
- The duration of the MBBS program in Turkey is typically six years, including one year of English language preparation for international students. The curriculum includes theoretical coursework, practical training, and clinical rotations to develop the necessary medical knowledge and skills.
- Yes, Pakistani students studying in Turkey are allowed to work part-time during their studies. However, there may be certain restrictions and regulations regarding the number of hours and types of employment. It is advisable to check the specific rules set by the Turkish government and the university regarding student employment.